When you want to improve your iPhone, but your budget doesn’t allow you to buy a new one, getting used items is the most suitable way. However, buying a used Apple device is not as simple as you might think. The first thing to do before buying a used iPhone is to make sure it has been deleted and not linked to the previous owner’s account. If not, you might see the Activation Lock screen, which requires a previous owner’s Apple ID and you won’t be able to use the phone. If you face this problem, don’t panic. I will share how to bypass the Activation Key on the iPhone. Continue to breathe and continue reading.
What is the Activation Key?
Apple provides the device with a security feature called an Activation Key to prevent it from falling into the wrong hands. It’s part of the Find My application (formerly Find My iPhone). This feature will be automatically activated after you activate the My Find application on your iPhone.
If you buy an iPhone with an Activation Lock screen in it, you won’t be able to use any services and features on your iPhone. Even if you get it at a very low price, if it can’t be used at all, then it’s not worth it. The good news is, there is a way to bypass the Activation Key on the iPhone. So, don’t throw away your iPhone first.
How to bypass the activation key on an iPhone in various scenarios
Ask the Previous Owner to Turn Off the Activation Key
To check whether your iPhone is protected by the Activation Key or not, turn it off and on again. If you see the Password Code lock screen, ask the seller to open it. Ask the previous owner to enter the Apple ID and password on the Activation Lock screen. Then, request to exit iCloud and iTunes & App Store. Next, go back to Settings> General> Reset> Erase All Content and Settings.
These steps can only be applied if the seller is close. If you buy an iPhone online, ask the seller to remotely erase your iPhone from their Apple account. They don’t know how to do it? Tell them to follow these steps:
- On their computer, open iCloud.com and sign in using their Apple ID.
- Click Find My iPhone.
- Click All Devices
- Select your iPhone in the device list.
- Hit Erase
- Click Next and press Remove from Account
- Turn off your iPhone and turn it back on.
- Now, you are ready to set up your new iPhone.
Go to the nearest Apple store
What if the previous owner forgot their own Apple ID, password, and even passcode? How do I delete an iCloud activation key without a password? Ask if they have valid proof of purchase. If they can provide it, that’s good. You can take it to the nearest Apple Store and notify staff of the problem. They will help you bypass the Activation Key on your iPhone.
Bypass Activation Key on iPhone Using Third-Party Software
You try to reach the seller, but fail or it seems that the person doesn’t really care about your problem and refuses to take responsibility. You also do not have a valid proof of purchase.
This software can help you bypass the Activation Key on iPhone in minutes. Before downloading iMyFone iBypasser, make sure your Mac computer uses macOS 10.13 through macOS 15 and is connected to the Internet. It is also available for PCs with Windows 10 / 8.1 / 8/7 OS in it.
- Download and install iMyFone iBypasser by clicking this link. Launch the software on your Mac computer and click Start.
- Connect your iPhone to the computer using a USB cable and it will start downloading the jailbreak package for your iPhone.
- When the download process is complete, click the Start jailbreak button and follow the instructions on the screen. When the jailbreak process is complete, click Next.
- This will deactivate the phone, cellular and iCloud call functions of your new Apple ID after passing the iCloud activation lock screen.
- On the next screen, check that all your iPhone information is correct. Whenever you are ready, click Start Bypass.
- When finished, click Finish.
- Now, log in using your Apple ID from the App Store or iTunes Store. Avoid entering through Settings.
If the seller forgets the passcode, use LockWiper to erase various iPhone passwords. LockWiper allows you to bypass 4-digit passcode, 6-digit passcode, Touch ID, and even Face ID.
The Domain Name System (DNS) method is another option that you can try to bypass the Activation Key on the iPhone. Unfortunately, this might not work for all iOS versions. Many users feel this only works on iOS 8 to iOS 10 only. Apart from that, it will only allow you to access your iPhone’s limited features.
- Make sure you have a SIM card installed on your iPhone.
- On the iPhone Activation Lock screen, tap the home button, and select Start Over.
- Select Language and Region.
- On the WiFi Settings screen, tap the ‘i’ exclamation point next to the network name and tap Forget This Network.
- Tap the ‘i’ sign, and enter the DNS server to bypass the iCloud Activation Key.
- Tap Back, select a WiFi network, and enter the password. Then, tap Join.
- Tap Return and you are on the iCloud DNS Bypass screen. Here, tap the Menu section and set iPhone, Internet, Camera, Mail, etc.
You can use one of these DNS servers.
US: 104,154.51.7 South America: 35,199.88,219
Australia and Oceania: 35,189,47.23
Other continents: 78,100.17.60